Erectile dysfunction (ED) affects millions of men across the United States, including those in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. ED can have a significant impact on a man’s self-esteem, relationships, and overall quality of life. Fortunately, there are many effective treatment options available for erectile dysfunction, ranging from medications to implants.
Understanding Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction, sometimes called impotence, is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse. This condition can be caused by a variety of reasons, including:
- Physical: Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity, and other medical conditions
- Psychological: Stress, anxiety, depression, and relationship issues
- Lifestyle: Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and drug use
- Neurological and Hormonal: Nervous system disorders and hormonal imbalances
Treatment Options for Erectile Dysfunction
- Medications: Oral medications like Viagra (sildenafil), Cialis (tadalafil), and Levitra (vardenafil) are often the first line of treatment for ED. These drugs work by increasing blood flow to the penis.
- Vacuum Erection Devices (VEDs): VEDs are non-invasive devices that create a vacuum around the penis, drawing blood into it to produce an erection. They can be an effective option for some men.
- Penile Injections: Medications like Alprostadil can be injected directly into the penis to induce an erection. This method is usually used in cases where oral medications haven’t worked.
- Intraurethral Suppositories: Another option is inserting a tiny medicated pellet (MUSE) into the urethra to help achieve an erection.
- Penile Prosthesis: In cases where other treatments fail, surgical intervention may be necessary. IPPs are one of the most advanced and effective options for men with severe ED.
Specialized Care For Erectile Dysfunction in Myrtle Beach
Dr. Robert Jansen is a board-certified urologist with expertise in the treatment of erectile dysfunction. When other options don’t work, Dr. Jansen offers the effective solution of Inflatable Penile Prostheses (IPPs). IPPs are devices that are surgically implanted in the penis.
IPPs consist of two inflatable cylinders that are implanted in the penis. There is a pump placed in the scrotum and a reservoir that holds saline solution. When a man wants to achieve an erection, he squeezes the pump. The saline solution moves into the cylinders, causing the penis to become erect. After intercourse, he can release the saline back into the reservoir, returning the penis to a flaccid state.
Benefits of IPPs include:
- Reliable and on-demand erections.
- Natural-looking and feeling erections.
- Improved sexual spontaneity.
- Enhanced self-esteem and confidence.
Stop Suffering and Get Effective ED Treatment
If you or someone you know is experiencing erectile dysfunction, Dr. Jansen and the team in Myrtle Beach are here to help you find the best solution. Remember, ED is a common and treatable condition, and you don’t have to suffer any longer.
Schedule an appointment today by calling 843.347.2450!