What is Axonics Therapy?
Axonics Therapy is a clinically proven solution for treating symptoms of overactive bladder (including urinary urgency incontinence), bowel (fecal) incontinence and urinary retention.1
What are the benefits of Axonics Therapy?
- Small Size: Safely delivers therapy with a miniaturized implant
- Long-Term Therapy: Designed to provide therapy for at least 15 years
- Full-Body MRI: Eligible for full-body MRI under approved conditions
- Clinically Proven: In a clinical study, Axonics Therapy provided sustained safety and symptom relief at 3 years2
How does Axonics Therapy work?
Axonics Therapy provides gentle stimulation to the nerves that control the bladder and bowel, which can restore normal control and result in symptom improvement.
The Evaluation Step
To see if Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will undergo a short period of therapy using a temporary system. The evaluation period allows you to experience the level of symptom relief the therapy may provide before you commit to long-term therapy.
If you and your doctor determine that Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will have an outpatient procedure where the miniaturized Axonics implant is placed just beneath the skin in the upper part of your buttock.
Clinically Proven. Patient Approved.
Backed by clinical studies, Axonics Therapy is clinically proven to regain bladder and bowel control and deliver clinically meaningful improvement in quality of life.
- 93% of patients were satisfied with their therapy1
- 89% of patients experienced a ≥50% reduction in UUI symptoms1
- <2% of patients reported discomfort at the implant site1
Want to hear from a real person about their experience with Axonics Therapy?
Jill, 45 years old and married with 4 kids, started noticing OAB symptoms 10 years ago. Having an active family, her condition impacted every part of her life. With Axonics Therapy, Jill regained control!
Who is a good candidate for Axonics Therapy?
It is up to you and your healthcare provider to determine if you are a good candidate for Axonics Therapy.
Axonics Therapy is an approved treatment for patients suffering with:
- Overactive bladder (OAB) – the urgent need to urinate which may result in frequent urination and/or incontinence (leakage) episodes
- Urinary frequency – the need to urinate 8 or more times a day, which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Urinary urgency incontinence (UUI) – the urgent need to urinate or trouble holding urine before making it to the restroom
- Fecal (bowel) incontinence – involuntary loss of stool which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Nonobstructive urinary retention (UR) – the inability to completely empty the bladder which may result in trouble urinating or frequent small voids
- Axonics Therapy is indicated for patients who have failed conservative treatments, such as lifestyle changes, physical therapy, or medications.
Get the symptom relief you deserve!
Ready to take the first step towards symptom relief? Schedule a consultation with your doctor to discuss your symptoms and to determine if Axonics Therapy is right for you.
Important Safety Information:
Implantation and use of the Axonics System incurs risk beyond those normally associated with surgery, some of which may necessitate surgical intervention.
Results and experiences may vary and are unique to each patient. No promise or guarantee is made about specific results or experiences. Talk to your doctor about whether the Axonics System is right for you and to discuss the potential risks and benefits. For more information about safety and potential risks, go to: www.axonics.com/isi.
Caution: Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale and use by, or on the order of, a physician.
- Company data on file, ARTISAN·SNM Clinical Study (NCT03327948)
- Company data on file, RELAX·OAB Clinical Study (NCT02620410)